*gasps and whistles and a few detached groans*
I know it seemed like I would never resurrect this web site–or my communication with fans. Seriously, readers (and other bystanders): I owe you a big, fat, hairy apology.
Okay, leave out the hairy part.
But, I am sorry. SO sorry. For not writing back to fans, for not updating the old site sooner, for not getting hip to the blog life before now.
I could rattle off a zillion reasons why I failed. Here are the top 8:
- My Nana had it right when she told me, “Don’t bite off more than you can chew.” (Chomp, chomp.)
- I had three kids in a row and slid into mommy land, leaving a lot of writer land behind.
- I wasn’t paying attention and suddenly four years went by. Jeepers, some of my Madison Finn fans from way back are probably out of college by now.
- Kids took up more time and energy than I expected.
- Did I mention that I had kids?
- I joined Facebook. Oy.
- I am easily distracted by just about–Hey! Look! Squirrel! (Yes, that is an UP reference.)
- And the truth: my original “flash” web site was a lotta fun–but I could never quite figure out how to update it on my own and then the person who designed it for me up and moved away to become a musician and not a web site designer and then I just gave up when I should have tried harder. Boo hoo.
But let’s face it, we can all beat ourselves up for our mistakes. You know what I mean? End of story: I’m here to start over.
And so, without further ado, may I present this way less flashy but waaaay more informative web site. As the snow from our winter-from-hell begins to melt, I’m coming out of my own huge freeze. There’s a big thaw all around.
I like new, don’t you? Like a new pair of shoes or the smell of fresh paint. I’m embarking on new projects, new writing workshops, and new everything–and I plan to keep you all updated right here. Click around for all the information. And visit often!
Thanks to each of you who ever read/is planning to read/is reading one of my books. I owe you a very big virtual hug for stopping by and sticking by me. I promise I will do better. Drop me a note and tell me what you think–and what you’d like to see on my page.